November 28, 2010

Cranberry Sauce


I made this cranberry sauce and thought it was wonderful and subsequently made my husband taste it. "What do you think?", asked Celeste. John answered, "The taste is on. I just don't like the consistency. Great. Now I have stuff in my teeth. My mom buys it in a can and that's what I like." "I could puree it.", Celeste suggested. "No.", John replied, "I'm not a huge fan of cranberry sauce to begin with, so don't go to the trouble." So, what did I do? I pureed it of course... and it was better than before! I liked it with chunks but LOVED it without them! See, my husband makes me a better cook for us! :) The moral of the story? Food is relative.


Ingredients:

  • 12 oz fresh cranberries
  • 1 c white sugar
  • 1/2 c orange juice
Directions:

  • Over medium heat, dissolve sugar and orange juice in a sauce pan.
  • Stir in the cranberries and cook until they start to pop, about 10 minutes.
  • Remove the cranberries from the heat and place in a bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
  • Mash the cranberries if you like them lumpy.  If you prefer a smooth sauce, puree it in a food processor.
  • Cover and refrigerate.
  • Enjoy!

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: