December 7, 2010

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies


12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies
Day 7

Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
When I originally told my husband about my plan to do 12 Days of (Christmas) Cookies, I asked him if there was any specific cookie he would like me to bake. My husband is not a fan of sweets at all, so when he said peanut butter cookies, I added it to my list without hesitation. My daughter reminded me about her rating system, which I had strayed from for a short while. She wanted to give a two thumbs up rating but didn't want to let go of the cookie to do it, so I got a one thumb up rating instead! lol



Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c white sugar
  • 1/2 c packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 c peanut butter
  • 1/4 c shortening
  • 1/4 c butter, softened
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Cream together the white sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, butter and egg in a large bowl.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
  • Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, until well combined.
  • Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place them on an ungreased baking sheet 3 inches apart.
  • Dip a fork into some sugar and flatten the dough in a crisscross pattern using the tines.
  • Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until golden brown.
  • Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Enjoy!



Madelyn Rating:
"Good!"

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: