Peanut Blossoms... with a Twist
(Peanut Butter and Jelly Blossoms)
We have all enjoyed the peanut buttery, chocolaty goodness of the classic peanut blossom. This is by far my favorite peanut blossom recipe and I would love to share it with you. But, let me introduce you to one of my creations, the peanut butter and jelly blossom! There is only one additional ingredient but a whole new world of taste! You have to try it!
Ingredients:Yields 24 cookies
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 c white sugar, for rolling
- Hershey's chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Optional: Raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and white sugar, until smooth.
- Beat in the egg. Stir in the milk and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture, until well blended.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in the 1/4 c sugar to coat. Place each dough ball 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes *(see note), or until the bottom edges just begin to brown (11 minutes exactly in my oven).
- If making PB&J version, immediately use a spoon to make a shallow, round indentation and add about 1 teaspoon of raspberry reserves. Then, press a Hershey's Kiss on top. Allow to cool completely.
- If not making the PB&J version, immediately press in a Hershey's Kiss in the center. Allow to cool completely.