- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 6 c chicken broth
- 6 oz egg noodles (I used No Yolks fine cut)
- 1/2 c cooked chicken, cut bite-size
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary and parsley. Cook and stir until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook per package directions until tender.
- Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer, until the chicken is heated through.