December 20, 2010

Rosemary Double Noodle Chicken Soup


The sickness that my daughter had wasn't the flu after all. It was a seven-day stomach virus that has been going around the schools. She is just starting to get over it, thankfully. But wouldn't you know, my husband woke up at 4:00 this morning with the sickness, too! So far, the virus has kept its distance from me and I am able to take care of my loves. I hate that helpless feeling you get, knowing that there is only so much you can do to make someone feel better. Since my husband had a total of two pretzels by dinnertime tonight and my daughter's tummy is still recovering from the week of keeping nothing down, I decided that for dinner we would have chicken noodle soup. This is simple and nothing fancy but it is yummy and does the trick of warming you up and making you feel good... and that is all that matters right now.

Ingredients:
Serves 3


  • 1/2 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/4 c onion, diced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 6 c chicken broth
  • 6 oz egg noodles (I used No Yolks fine cut)
  • 1/2 c cooked chicken, cut bite-size
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:

  • In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, garlic, rosemary and parsley. Cook and stir until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
  • Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook per package directions until tender.
  • Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
  • Turn down the heat and allow the soup to simmer, until the chicken is heated through.
  • Enjoy!
Madelyn's Rating:
"Muy bien!"
(Aww! Doesn't she look tired from being so sick?)

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate how the sickness seems to just get passed around? This soup sounds perfect for an "under the weather" day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Madelyn gave this soup thumbs up. I did. I love the blog and the pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing your recipes and your stories.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: