January 7, 2011

Lemon-Rosemary Chicken and Vegetable Salad

The Philadelphia Eagles are in the playoffs and we play the Packers this Sunday at 4:30! I know for a fact that I will be making some kind of dip and/or snack food for the game, so I thought a healthy lunch was in order today. It snowed this morning, so it is cold out and my oven looked lonely, so I thought I would broil some chicken thighs and have a salad. My husband is not a big fan of lemon chicken but I love it, so lunch is the perfect time to enjoy it!



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 1/2 lb chicken thighs
  • Juice from 1 lemon
  • 1/4 c olive oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 c fresh vegetables (I used fresh spinach, tomato and green pepper)
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Combine the lemon, olive oil, rosemary and salt in a shallow bowl or resealable bag. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
  • Preheat the broiler. Place the chicken on a tin foil-lined baking sheet and discard the marinade.
  • Broil for 6 minutes on each side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
  • Meanwhile, toss the vegetables together in a bowl or on a serving plate and sprinkle parsley on top. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil over all. Season with pepper.
  • Cut up the chicken and add it to the salad!
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: