Happy Saturday! It's going on five days now that my daughter has a fever and I wanted to serve her a yummy yet quick breakfast. I can't be tied down to the kitchen while she wants to cuddle!
- 6 eggs, whisked thoroughly
- Cooking spray
- 4 oz pancetta, chopped
- 1 c fresh baby spinach, chopped
- Cheese, desired amount (I used 2 slices of white American cheese per the hubby's request)
- Pinch garlic salt
- Pinch onion powder (All out of onion over here)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add the pancetta, stirring and cooking until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Stir in the whisked eggs to combine with the spinach. Season with garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.
- As the eggs set, lift the edges with a spatula and allow the uncooked portions to spill underneath.
- Flip the omelette over. Place the pancetta and cheese on one side of the omelette.
- Fold the omelette over the filling. Turn down the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted on the inside.