January 15, 2011

Pancetta and Spinach Omelette


Happy Saturday! It's going on five days now that my daughter has a fever and I wanted to serve her a yummy yet quick breakfast.  I can't be tied down to the kitchen while she wants to cuddle!



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe

  • 6 eggs, whisked thoroughly
  • Cooking spray
  • 4 oz pancetta, chopped
  • 1 c fresh baby spinach, chopped
  • Cheese, desired amount (I used 2 slices of white American cheese per the hubby's request)
  • Pinch garlic salt
  • Pinch onion powder (All out of onion over here)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions:
  • Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Add the pancetta, stirring and cooking until crispy. Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.

  • Add the spinach, cooking and stirring until the spinach is wilted down.
  • Stir in the whisked eggs to combine with the spinach. Season with garlic salt, onion powder and pepper.
  • As the eggs set, lift the edges with a spatula and allow the uncooked portions to spill underneath.
  • Flip the omelette over. Place the pancetta and cheese on one side of the omelette.
  • Fold the omelette over the filling. Turn down the heat to low. Cover and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted on the inside.
  • Enjoy!



4 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love omelets! This one looks delicious! I hope your daughter gets better soon. Our family has been passing around some sort of cold bug or something that includes days of fever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one! I get all squeamish whenever I have to seperate egg yolks from whites- I am such a punk! As usual fab looking food!

    And I hope your little one feels better, poor baby!

    ooooh and just wanted to add, I have the lower of the Canon d SLRs. It's a canon 1000d with a 50 mm lens (bought separately)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jennifer. The fever got up to 104 the other night and I nearly panicked. Can't wait until we are all healthy! :)

    Sommer, my husband loves his eggs sunny side up and this will guarantee no breaking the yolk! YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really wonderful. I haven't had breakfast yet. You've helped determine the menu :-). I hope you've had a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: