January 5, 2011

Pasta Primavera with Chicken

They are calling for snow again this Friday. Ugh! I have already had enough of the snow... is it spring yet? Well, at least my mind can venture on to the next season. Nothing says spring like pasta primavera! I had a few chicken thighs that I pan fried and added to the dish because my lovely husband would not consider it a true meal without meat.



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 medium onion, minced
  • 1 carrot, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
  • Handful grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 c fresh spinach
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1/3 c butter
  • 1/2 c heavy cream
  • 1 c milk
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • Garlic salt, to taste (I used 1/2 tsp)
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
  • 10 oz cooked pasta
Directions:
  • Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and garlic and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until just tender.
  • Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, heat the butter over medium heat. When melted, stir in the cream, milk and Parmesan. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to simmer but do not allow it to come to a boil.
  • While the sauce is simmering, stir the parsley and zucchini into the onion and carrot mixture. Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to low. Add the tomatoes and spinach. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes; cook until the spinach is wilted down.
  • Pour the sauce over the vegetable mixture and stir to combine. Add the cooked chicken.
  • Stir in the cooked pasta and enjoy!

Madelyn Rating:
"Muy bien!"
Looks like daddy wanted to get in on the rating system, too!



This is what I got when I offered him to be a food critic for the night.
Oh well, I'll take whatever kind of thumbs up I can get! HA!

(Go Eagles!)


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha how cute is your family!!!

    My children would definitely love this dish!!! White sauces with pasta are their favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: