My sweet neighbor recently gave me a ton of fresh parsley. I have been cooking with it here and there but freshness time is coming to an end and I have about 1 cup left. We are having surf and turf (flank steak and shrimp) for dinner tonight and making a chimichurri sauce is the perfect way to use up all of that parsley.
Now, on to the giveaway. CSN Stores asked me to host a giveaway for my readers. It is fast and simple to enter the giveaway. All you have to do is post a comment by Monday, January 17, 2011. I will use a number generator to pick a winner send an email to the winner of the giveaway, who will win a $35.00 gift card to CSN Stores to spend however and whenever their little heart desires online. CSN Stores has over 200 online stores, which features swing sets, cookware, shoes, outdoor furniture, home improvements and much, much more. The winner will have no problem spending the $35.00 -- trust me! This contest is open to residents of the United States and Canada only. Sorry!
Update: My granddaddy is doing well and has been discharged to go home today! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Now, on to the recipe.
- 1 c packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 c to 3/4 c olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb flank steak
- Large shrimp
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a food processor. Pulse a few times while pouring in olive oil, to desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Grill the steak and shrimp. Spoon the sauce over all.