February 26, 2011

Roast Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce


I have been looking forward to today for quite some time now. For Christmas, my lovely mother gifted me a four-hour long cooking class with Chef Mike Pagliaro.  It was my very first (hopefully not y last) cooking class and was so much fun!  On the menu was White Bean Dip, Veggie Udon Stir Fry, Fagioli e' Verdura, Roast Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Chipotle Sauce, and Apple Clafouti.  My favorite was the pork tenderloin with raspberry chipotle sauce. It was to die for! I will post the remaining recipes along with pictures in the next several days. The food was all so wonderful and I am so excited to share these recipes with you!

Ingredients:
Recipe by Mike Pagliaro

  • Pork tenderloin
  • 1/4 c dijon Mustard, or as needed
  • 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs of your choice (rosemary, thyme and sage were used)
  • Sea salt, a liberal amount
  • Freshly ground black pepper
  • 3 tbsp butter
Raspberry Chipotle Sauce
  • 1/2 c Napoleon brandy, or to taste
  • 2 tbsp raspberry preserves
  • Chipotle sauce, to taste
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Coat the tenderloin with the mustard and roll or press the herb mixture onto the surface.


Melt the butter in an oven-safe skillet over high heat and brown the tenderloin on all sides.


Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.

Remove the tenderloin from the pan to a platter and wrap with tin foil, to keep warm. Place the pan back on the stove top and heat the pan drippings to high heat, until the pan lardons start to sizzle and brown. Deglaze with brandy, scraping up the bits. Reduce the liquid by half.


While the liquid is reducing, add in the raspberry preserves and add as much chipotle sauce as you like. As the sauce begins to thicken, turn off the heat. Slice the tenderloin and pour the sauce over top.


Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. How exciting Celeste and what a great gift. I've never heard of Apple Spice Junction, but next time I'm down that way, I'm definitely going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome Celeste. It was a fun day! Great friends and great food. What more could you ask for!!

    Mike Pagliaro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, it was a wonderful gift and I had an amazing time! Mike, thanks again for opening your home and being such a great instructor. I look forward to there being a next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOOOOOOOVE the raspberry chipotle sauce!!!! I am so making this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sommer, it was SO good. Like I was in heaven good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had trouble finding Chipotle Sauce at grocery store? They helped me find a Mojo Chipotle Marinade? Hope it works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margie, I have never had an issue with finding chipotle sauce but I do have access to quite a variety of grocery stores in my area. You can also easily make your own sauce: Blend together 1/2 c mayonnaise, 1/3 c plain yogurt, 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce plus 1 tsp of the sauce, and a little salt. You can then use that, to taste, in the raspberry chipotle sauce. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: