February 18, 2011

Filet Mignon with a Whiskey Peppercorn Cream Sauce


What a beautiful day today was! 72 degrees and the perfect day for my husband and I to have an extended weekend to ourselves to celebrate our 7-year anniversary. I bought some filet mignon that was on manager sale about a month ago and froze it to use just for tonight. It turned out amazing and the whiskey peppercorn cream sauce was a wonderful addition. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time so I just drizzled some of the sauce on top and took a quick picture. It really wouldn't have been a romantic dinner with my camera flashing away and me asking my husband to wait to eat until I get a good shot lol!
Ingredients:
Printable Recipe

  • 1 lb filet mignon, grilled
  • 1 1/4 c beef broth
  • 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1 oz whiskey
  • 1 c heavy cream
Directions:

Add the broth and pepper in a small sauce pan and heat to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce to 1 cup, stirring occasionally.

Add the whiskey and cream. Reduce to 1 cup, stirring occasionally.

Set aside until ready to use.

Pour over steaks.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Celeste! My husband is getting used to me taking pics of so many meals, but I agree anniversaries are for romance...not snapping pics. Of course, I took pics of our V-day meal before I let my hubby eat a bite! These steaks look wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It still looks amazingly delicious! Happy anniversary, Celeste!! Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I wanted to cook some Chuck Eye Steaks I bought in the crock pot today, and stumbled upon your recipe via Google. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: