March 1, 2011

Easy Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

 

Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers' Day!  Yes, that's what it really is today.  To celebrate, I thought I'd make my family some peanut butter cups.  These are so easy and so close to the taste of store bought that you will never want to buy them again!  Try experimenting with crushed pretzels, nuts, etc. 


Ingredients:


  • 2 c milk chocolate chips
  • 1/2 c creamy peanut butter 
  • 2 tbsp confectioners' sugar
  • 1 tbsp graham cracker crumbs

Directions:


Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.

Place cupcake tins with paper inserts inside a cupcake pan.  Drizzle a thin layer of the melted chocolate in the bottom of each cup.  Place the pan in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set.

In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar and graham cracker crumbs.  Spoon about a teaspoon or so of the peanut butter on top of the chocolate, smoothing with the back of the spoon.  Be sure to leave a 1/8-inch thick outside rim of chocolate untouched by the peanut butter.

Place the chocolate back in the microwave and melt again in 30 second increments, until smooth.  Drizzle enough chocolate into each cup over the peanut butter so that there is a flat top surface of chocolate.  If there are any air bubbles, gently pop them with a toothpick.  Place in the freezer for 5 minutes, or until chocolate is set.

Carefully peel the paper from the peanut butter cups.

Enjoy!










25 comments:

  1. OMG!!! They look great! This is my favorite candy and I had no idea they are so easy to make. A must try for sure! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed. They look like store bought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's amazing how simple, quick and yummy they are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love peanut butter cups :) they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you both and welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I am following both of you now as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was trying this dish with my whole family, every body like it, thanks for sharing with us this type of tasty blog..ha ha !!

    Discount Cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so good, and the recipe seems so simple. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! These look amazing and I bet taste better than the original.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm making them again today for munchies for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these looks sooo good! i might just have to make them and surprise my fiance. :) love your website, by the way! your recipes are fantastic! i'm adding you to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! I bet taste better than the original.

    http://christinespantry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got my heart here, girl! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look amazing! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look amazing and seem so easy to make... hubby LOVES these... I will be making some of them very very soon! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the sweet comments. :) I hope you all can get around to making them and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh these look perfect! i tried them ones...didn't turn out so well. i think i may have to give them another go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow these look perfect! I can't believe how easy they look to make! I was so overwhelmed by making candy but you've calmed my nerves about it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this recipe. I can't believe how pretty your peanut butter cups are!

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my weekly link-up, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there! http://alli-n-son.com/2011/06/09/key-lime-strawberry-shortcake/

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look sinful!

    Come join in on Made it on Monday... a weekly recipe link I host on my blog.

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com

    *Link ups are open every WED.-SAT*

    I hope you stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm...we are thinking we could do this. That sounds delicious!! Of course how can you go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter?
    Becky (Mom) and Chelsea (Daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love peanut butter cups but never knew they would be so easy to make at home. This may be dangerous information to have! Can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been wanting to try making these, thanks for posting a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How many peanut butter cups does this recipi make? Can you use the mini muffin tins instead of the bigger ones?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Using a standard-sized muffin pan, it can yield anywhere from 24 to 36, depending on how much chocolate you spread on the bottom of each cup and how much chocolate you top them off with. You can most certainly use mini muffin pans but I found it slightly more difficult leave a 1/8-inch thick outside rim of chocolate untouched by the peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: