March 17, 2011

Irish Coffee


Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  Here is a drink to celebrate.  To all of those who will be going out tonight, have fun but please remember to be responsible.  Cheers!

Ingredients:

  • 3 oz strong-brewed coffee 
  • 1 1/2 oz Jameson Irish whiskey
  • 1 tsp brown sugar, or to taste 
  • Ground cinnamon, for sprinkling 
  • 1/3 c heavy whipping cream 
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract 
  • 1 tbsp sugar 
  • Option:  Green food coloring

Directions:

Pour the coffee, Irish whiskey and brown sugar into a glass or mug and stir.

Combine the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl.  Whisk until stiff peaks form.  Float the whipped cream on top of the coffee.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.  Swirl some of the green food coloring with a toothpick around in the whipped cream.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous and certainly speaks to the day. Your photo is lovely. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo!!! I could use a few dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Mary. I'm loving your St. Patrick's Day recipes today.

    Sommer -- you're back! I hope all is well with you. I've missed your posts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a big swig of this about now! anne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: