March 23, 2011

Oreo Cookie Fudge


One Year Ago:  Crab Cakes

This past Friday, it got up to 75 degrees and I loved every minute of it.  Tomorrow morning, the weatherman is calling for snow... and I am dreading every minute of it.  I had already started daydreaming about the sound of the waves rolling onto the shore, the smell of the salty air, the burn of the sun on my skin, the smile on the face of my daughter as she sculpted her sand castle, and the taste of boardwalk fudge on my tongue.  Oh, how I miss the fudge! 

Food Network Magazine has a special in their April edition for 10-minute dessert recipes, one of which happens to be chocolate-nut fudge.  I tweaked the recipe, changing it from chocolate to vanilla, substituting Oreo cookies for nuts and eliminating the vanilla extract and came up with these little gems.  They turned out wonderful and satisfied my boardwalk-fudge craving. 

Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 12 oz vanilla (or premium white if not available) baking chips
  • 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 10 (approximately 1 1/2 c) Oreo cookies, chopped
  • 2 Oreo cookies, crushed, for topping
Directions:
  
Line an 8x8-inch pan with greased parchment paper.  

Combine the baking chips and condensed milk and melt together in a double boiler.  You can also melt them in the microwave-safe bowl in 30-minute increments.

Stir in the chopped cookies.  Pour the mixture in the prepared pan.  Sprinkle the crushed Oreo cookie crumbs evenly over all. 

Cover and chill for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

Carefully lift the fudge out from the pan.  Cut into squares.

Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. Wow- weird they're calling so soon. Man the weather is annoying hehe. These oreo fudges looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish it would get up to 75 degrees here. I am currently too cold for comfort. Your fudge looks so sweet and delicious and cookies and cream is my favorite. I'd like to invite you to stop by and link it up to Sweets for a Saturday #10. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY HECK! Looks absolutely sinful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the sweet comments :) I think next time I will make these with chopped Snickers bar candy. Could you imagine that?! Mmmm

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: