April 9, 2012

Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta


I wanted to highlight a family-favorite that I originally posted about in early 2011.  Since creating this recipe, I have made quite a few changes to it, so I wanted to bring it back into the spotlight and also give it a fresh new photo.  

This is a hearty, creamy and slightly spicy dish that your family will love.  I place this in my meal rotation about once a month and every time I eat it, I think to myself, why don't I make this more often?!  


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces 
  • 1/4 c olive oil, divided 
  • 2 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning, divided 
  • 5 tbsp butter 
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 c heavy cream, room temperature
  • 1 c milk, room temperature
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping 
  • 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese 
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • Salt, to taste 
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
  • 8 oz pasta 



Directions:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.  Add the pasta and cook until al dente.  Drain and toss with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.  Set aside until ready to use.  

Meanwhile, make the sauce.  Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat.  Stir and cook the garlic for 1 minute.  Whisk in the whipping cream, milk and Parmesan cheese.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Allow the sauce to simmer over very low heat until ready to use.  Do not allow the sauce to come to a boil. 

Meanwhile, combine the breadcrumb with the 1 tbsp of the Cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl (I use a resealable bag).  Coat the chicken evenly in the breadcrumb mixture.  

Heat the remaining 3 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chicken and cook on both sides until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.  Drain the chicken on paper towels and set aside.  

Pour the Alfredo sauce over the cooked pasta and stir in the cooked chicken.  Stir in the mozzarella cheese, the remaining 1 tbsp of the Cajun seasoning (or to taste -- start with 1 tsp at a time if you're unsure) and onion salt.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  

Garnish with parsley.  

Enjoy!



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post from May 8, 2011:


Happy Mother's Day! 

I took my mother to a local restaurant called Parc Bistro in Skippack, PA and we absolutely loved it!  The service was amazing, the atmosphere was wonderful and like I read in a review, it is the best kept secret in the area!  The food is phenomenal and I will definitely be back!  For lunch, we had tilefish over an asparagus salad in a champagne sauce.  I (half) joked whether or not it would be proper to lick the plate.  For dessert, we had cheesecake encased in chocolate mousse over a brownie crust.  Heaven!  I have posted some of the pictures below.

Now for the recipe.  For my family, nothing says comfort food more than pasta in a cream sauce.  We have had a crazy schedule recently that will not let up for another four weeks.  So, for the most part, I have been cooking the quick and easy meals that my family loves.  This is one of our favorites.  Seriously, how can you go wrong with Cajun chicken and pasta in an Alfredo sauce?







10 comments:

  1. Pasta and cream sauce is all time favorite and easy to prepare. It always saved our dinner when I am swamped with work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM Parc Bistro - one of my favorite places to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks yummy! My daughter loves pasta with cream sauce, my son loves the tomato based sauce, so I cook them in turns! Thanks for sharing!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pasta looks fantastic! I love the spicy flavors with the rich and creamy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pasta looks to creamy & delicious! I'm definitely making it this week!

    P.S. I would have had a hard time trying not to lick those plates :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! That pasta looks absolutely out of this world!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't resist pasta in a good cream sauce. Yours sounds delicious and it has great eye appeal. There goes my diet - again :-). I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree about Parc Bistro - it was totally amazing!!!!
    Thank you for a wonderful Mother's Day lunch!!!! I think a new tradition has begun!!!
    Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so wonderful! I love pasta dishes and this one looks so flavorful and spicy!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: