One Year Ago: Ham, Green Pepper and Onion Pizza
While Italian cuisine is my favorite, Mexican is a very close second. Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, on May 5th, so I thought I would share with you a yummy salsa. Coffee is the secret ingredient. Shh!
- 3 large tomatoes, diced (when out of season, 14.5 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes may be substituted)
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c corn
- 1/4 black beans, drained and rinsed
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 2 tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Optional: Cumin, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.