May 1, 2011

Coffee-Infused Medium Salsa



While Italian cuisine is my favorite, Mexican is a very close second.  Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, on May 5th, so I thought I would share with you a yummy salsa.  Coffee is the secret ingredient.  Shh! 

Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 3 large tomatoes, diced (when out of season, 14.5 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes may be substituted)
  • 1/4 c onion, chopped 
  • 1 green chili, minced 
  • 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 1/4 c corn
  • 1/4 black beans, drained and rinsed 
  • Zest of 1 lime
  • 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped 
  • 1 tsp hot sauce (I use Frank's)
  • 2 tbsp brewed coffee
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper 
  • Optional:  Cumin, to taste
Instructions:

Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.

Allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Enjoy! 



4 comments:

  1. Yummy...tell me how the coffee flavors the salsa. I'm guessing it's more of a background richness? Sounds fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to explain it, Wendy. A background richness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very interesting! Looks really easy to make too.. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: