May 19, 2011

Salmon with Shaved Asparagus and Honey-Mustard Sauce


One Year Ago:  Au Gratin Potatoes

This week and most of the following week, I am covering work for a fellow medical transcriptionist in addition to my own work.  Needless to say, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and extremely tired by day's end.  In fact, I have had no time to shop for groceries this week, so I have been utilizing the contents of my freezer.  These are the times that I rely heavily upon the crock pot and quick and easy meals for dinner.  I had frozen some salmon that I bought on manager's special a while back and threw it in the fridge the night before to allow it to thaw out.  I also had some asparagus that was nearing the end of freshness, so I decided to incorporate that into the meal as well.  This is fast, very healthy and so delicious!  I served this with a baked potato.



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 1 lb salmon
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 or 4 thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed 
  • 1/4 c Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 c honey 
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
Directions:

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat.  Add the salmon and season with salt and pepper.  Cook on both sides until flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices of the asparagus.  Season with salt and pepper.

Whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.  Season with salt and pepper. 

Serve the salmon over the shaved asparagus and top with honey-Dijon mustard sauce.

Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Salmon & Asparagus are so good together. Your salmon has a prefect crust...looks like something served in a high end bistro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salmon! My favorite fish! This is one great recipe... look so fine dine! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never made salmon and asparagus together, but the combination does sound pretty fantastic. It looks beautiful, also! I like the addition of the mustard sauce, yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it when something so delish comes from what you happen to have on hand + your kitchen imageination. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gourmet dish - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shaved asparagus! Genius, honey mustard sauce on salmon- AMAZING! I can just see the rich goodness oozing out from the picture! So making this

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so delicious! Love it when something so good created out of very simple ingredients! Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: