May 19, 2011

Salmon with Shaved Asparagus and Honey-Mustard Sauce


One Year Ago:  Au Gratin Potatoes

This week and most of the following week, I am covering work for a fellow medical transcriptionist in addition to my own work.  Needless to say, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed and extremely tired by day's end.  In fact, I have had no time to shop for groceries this week, so I have been utilizing the contents of my freezer.  These are the times that I rely heavily upon the crock pot and quick and easy meals for dinner.  I had frozen some salmon that I bought on manager's special a while back and threw it in the fridge the night before to allow it to thaw out.  I also had some asparagus that was nearing the end of freshness, so I decided to incorporate that into the meal as well.  This is fast, very healthy and so delicious!  I served this with a baked potato.



Ingredients:
Printable Recipe
  • 1 lb salmon
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 or 4 thick asparagus, tough ends trimmed 
  • 1/4 c Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 c honey 
  • 1 tbsp mayonnaise 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
Directions:

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil to medium-high heat.  Add the salmon and season with salt and pepper.  Cook on both sides until flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, shave thin slices of the asparagus.  Season with salt and pepper.

Whisk together the Dijon mustard, honey and mayonnaise in a medium bowl.  Season with salt and pepper. 

Serve the salmon over the shaved asparagus and top with honey-Dijon mustard sauce.

Enjoy!


Featured in: