One Year Ago: Celeste's Barbecue Sauce
While out food shopping, I came across these cute little red peppers that were about 4 inches tall and I couldn't resist myself; I had to pick some up. I remembered seeing Giada De Laurentiis stuffing mini peppers with ricotta and peas and they looked so tasty, so I got my inspiration from her. The anchovies give this such a delicious, salty flavor, which is a perfect contrast to the sweet bell pepper and creamy cheese.
- 4 medium-sized red bell peppers
- 1 c ricotta
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan
- 2 (2 oz) cans flat fillet anchovies, minced (If you cannot stomach anchovies, use salt to taste)
- 1 c frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 c fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch of sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- If not using anchovies, salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Cut off the tops of the bell peppers. Carefully remove the seeds and veins from the inside of each pepper.
Place the peppers in the boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, anchovies, spinach, basil, parsley and sugar. Season with pepper.
Scoop the ricotta mixture into each pepper.
Bake on the middle rack in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the peppers are cooked to desired tenderness.