July 31, 2011

Asian-Style Surf and Turf Kabobs


I knew ahead of time that my busy little schedule was going to cut entirely too close to dinner, so I marinated the beef, shrimp and vegetables in my favorite Asian-style marinade in the morning before I walked out the door.  By the time I got home, the kabobs were ready to be thrown on the grill and dinner was served in 10 minutes.  The steak was medium, the shrimp were cooked perfectly and the vegetables were crisp-tender.  Every time we eat kabobs, we enjoy them so much and wonder why we don't have them more often. 



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb flank steak
  • 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1 pint button mushrooms, cut in half
  • 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces 
  • 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1/2 sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces 
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced 
  • 1 tsp ground ginger 
  • 2 tbsp vinegar 
  • 1/4 c soy sauce 
  • 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce 
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil 
  • 1 tsp sugar 
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes 
Directions:

Combine all of the ingredients into a gallon-size freezer bag and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.  

Preheat grill to medium heat.

Alternate the meats and vegetables on skewers, leaving a small space between each piece.  If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to keep from burning.

Grill the kabobs for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling.

Serve over rice and enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. I do the same thing: cook something, love it, and then wonder wny I don't do it more often! These look so good...I love kabobs with jasmine rice. Saving this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to take your lead and prep food before I leave my house. Looks delish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dinners like that - where you can prep ahead. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look good! Prepare them ahead is a great idea! Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that this is Asian style! I bet it was just delicious and something my man would definitely love. Perfect for summer grilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flavors in these kabobs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kind of food! Never bored of kebobs as they can be prepared in so many ways :) Thanks for the wonderful recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These kabobs look delicious! I stumbled onto your blog today and I like it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: