August 2, 2011

Creamy Cheddar Chipotle Sauce



This recipe is my attempt at duplicating my favorite store-bought (expensive) chipotle sauce and I must say that it turned out fabulous!  It is creamy, smoky, mildly spicy and highly addicting!  I have to be careful with this in the house because our diets tend to go out the window with it around!  I have used this as a salad dressing; as a dip for crackers, chips, pretzels, bread, vegetables, etc.; mixed in with ground beef for my taco salad; and as a sauce with chicken dishes.  My husband pretty much uses it on everything and anything he can get his hands on.  Like I said, addicting.  


Ingredients:
Yields about 3 1/2 cups
  • 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, or more to desired spiciness 
  • 2 tsp adobo sauce
  • 1 c mayonnaise 
  • 2/3 c shredded cheddar cheese 
  • 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp Dijon mustard 
  • 1/4 c plus 2 tbsp ketchup
  • 1/4 c honey
  • 1/4 c butter, room temperature 
  • 1/4 c sour cream 
  • 2 tbsp heavy cream 
  • 2 tbsp cream cheese, room temperature 
  • 2 tsp white sugar 
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder 
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
Directions:

Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor.  Process until smooth and creamy.  Chill in the refrigerator.

If you prefer more spice, add and process additional chipotle peppers one half at a time, to desired spiciness. 

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely recipe but I wonder if I can substitute the Dijon mustard with american mustard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it with normal mustard but I'm sure it wouldn't make too much of a difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this would be FAB chicken enchiladas! Pinning to try next time I have all these ingredients on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I love chipotle sauce! on everything. I love that this recipe has cream cheese in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could put that over meat or chicken or some type of enchilada but I also could just eat it with a spoon- it looks that incredible!LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: