August 4, 2011

Mini Snickers Cups ... with Balloons!


 One Year Ago:  Celeste's Chili

We had a fun day relaxing by the pool in the hot sun and our bellies were full from dinner.  My husband and I craved something chocolatey as a dessert.  Months ago, I remembered seeing how Bakerella made pudding cups from the book, Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey Treats for Kids by Jill O’Connor.  Basically, you coat the bottom of balloons with chocolate, allow the chocolate to set and then pop the balloons.  How fun is that?!  You are left with an edible chocolate bowl to use however you would like.  I pulled out some chocolate chips and decided to make a snickers-like candy from whatever I could find in my pantry. These turned out amazing and your kids will thoroughly enjoy making them, especially the popping the balloons part.



Ingredients:
  • Chocolate chips, melted 
  • Water balloons, blown up
  • A pin for popping 
  • Peanut butter 
  • Pecans, chopped 
  • Caramel 


Directions:

Place a small dollop of melted chocolate onto parchment paper.  Coat the bottom and sides of a blown-up water balloon in the melted chocolate and place it on the chocolate dollop on the parchment paper.  Repeat with the remaining balloons.  Place in the freezer and allow them to set for 10 minutes, or until set.


Remove the balloons from the freezer.  Pop each balloon with a pin.  Remove and discard the balloons.

Coat the bottom and sides of the chocolate cups with peanut butter.  Add the pecans and drizzle caramel over all.  Completely cover the tops of the cups with more melted chocolate.  Place a pecan on the top as a garnish.  Place in the freezer and allow to set for an additional 10 minutes, or until set.

Remove from the freezer.  Enjoy!


9 comments:

  1. That it's a great idea und looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...yes, please?!?!? I would eat the heck out of these little gems! I love going into the pantry and making up fun stuff with whatever's on hand. This is a great idea, Celeste!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I am definitely going to have to make these!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. I could eat way too many of these babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My My ! Just feel like grabbing, absolutely delicious. Following your delicious blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good and its so cute too!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. be still my heart! The perfect bite of pure heaven! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beside exploding balloons, those snickers cups must be an explosion of sweet flavor in your mouth. Mmmm, Mmmmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and have my children check up here often. I am quite sure they will learn lots of new stuff here than anybody else!
    winpromote.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: