August 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Pie ...For Mikey


There are a lot of peanut butter pies circling around the food blogging world today and it's for a good reason.  One of our fellow food bloggers suddenly lost her husband to a heart attack.  Please take a moment to read an excerpt from her blog:


"As I spend Friday reflecting on the love and life that was gone in an instant, I'd like to invite all of you to celebrate his life too. Mikey loved peanut butter cream pie. I haven't made it in a while, and I've had it on my to-do list for a while now.
I kept telling myself I would make it for him tomorrow. Time has suddenly stood still, though, and I'm waiting to wake up and learn to live a new kind of normal. For those asking what they can do to help my healing process, make a peanut butter pie this Friday and share it with someone you love. Then hug them like there's no tomorrow because today is the only guarantee we can count on."

So after many tears and prayers for her family and friends, I decided to join the cause.  Here is my quick and easy peanut butter pie (on a hot, summer day that was beginning to melt):



Ingredients:
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened 
  • 3/4 c confectioners' sugar
  • 1/2 c creamy peanut butter 
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 8 oz whipped topping 
  • 1 9-inch graham cracker crust 
  • Toppings of your choice
Directions:

Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar.  Mix in the peanut butter and milk and beat until smooth.  

Gently fold in the whipped topping.  Pour into the prepared pie crust.  

Cover and freeze until set. 

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. losing someone is always difficult but making a pie that this person loved is a great way to keep his memory alive :)

    this pie looks delicious! i love peanut butter...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed out on this last week...In my kitchen, there will definitely be prayers and pie today :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: