July 1, 2009

Pizza and Spinach Wraps


School is back in session and my little girl is in 1st grade this year.  Where did the time go?  I pack a lunch for my husband every day for work but this is the first year that I have had to pack one for my daughter.  I want to instill healthy eating habits for my family and spending a little extra time planning for school lunches is a great way to do it.  In her lunch, I packed this wrap along with carrot sticks and dip (made from a ranch seasoning mix combined with Greek yogurt), mandarin oranges and a packet of raisins.  This is a healthy, quick and tasty wrap that your children will love and it is a wonderful alternative to the typical sandwich.  Do you have any healthy school lunch ideas?



Ingredients:

  • 12-inch tortilla wraps (whole wheat preferably - I was out)
  • Pizza or tomato sauce
  • Fresh baby spinach 
  • Shredded mozzarella part skim milk cheese
Directions:

Lay out one tortilla wrap.  Spread a thin layer of pizza or tomato sauce evenly over all, allowing 1/2-inch space around the edges untouched.  Place an even layer of spinach leaves on top, covering most of the sauce.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese over all.  

Tightly roll up the wrap and set it seam side down on a microwave-safe plate.  Cover with a damp paper towel.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds, or until the cheese is melted.  

Allow to cool for 1 minute.  Cut the wrap in half.  Cut each half in half once more.  

Serve and enjoy!  


14 comments:

  1. Perfect for my son's school lunch next week.I am always worried he won't eat his lunch because he is so picky but with this amazing concoction of goodness who can resist? great photo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. I've been trying to find new ideas for school lunch beside the typical sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That looks so good, I've have to make it for myself too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, how fun and delicious! I never got cool lunches like this when I was little. If it wasn't tuna, it was PB&J...on a hamburger bun! Your little girl is lucky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My little boy is in pre-school and I pack lunch for him everyday (I guess his pre-school hours are just longer than average).

    Your lunch box sounds healthy and love the varieties you put in them. I especially love these Wraps. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter and husband are so lucky to have this delicious wrap for their lunch. What a great lunch box idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great lunch!!! I should say good bye to plain old peanut butter sandwiches... Your lunch looks divine.

    Cheers.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish my mom packed my tasty lunches like this - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I don't need to make a school lunch, but I'd definitely eat these. I've featured you on me Meatfree Monday post this week. Stop by and pick up a badge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh the wraps are so inviting. I love how it's drenched in tomatoe puree, yummm... Perfect lunch or even dinner anytime.

    P/S: btw, I got an award for you..do collect it from my blog okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: