Maybe it's just me, but everything tastes better when it's on a stick. Why not turn a boring sandwich into something fun for the kids?! These are great because you can create all types of sandwiches. Some other good additions to the sandwich on a stick are grape tomatoes or olives. Spread some peanut butter on the bread and alternate with grapes for a fun spin on the classic PB&J. Or, skip the sandwich idea and make Fruit kabobs instead. Just remember to cut the pointy edges of the wooden skewers off. You wouldn't want to send your kids to school with a weapon!
- Wooden skewers, cut in half
- Whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- Meat, cubed or rolled (I used turkey breast lunch meat)
- Cheese, cubed (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- Baby spinach leaves or lettuce, rolled
Alternate placing the ingredients on the wooden skewer halves, beginning and ending with cheese (keeps the other ingredients from falling off).
Cut the sharp edges off of the wooden skewers.