November 5, 2011

Autumn Acorn Treats


This is an autumn-themed breakfast idea that you can easily assemble with your children.  I used some of my daughter's leftover Halloween candy for these.  Your kids will enjoy eating them just as much as they will creating them!


 Ingredients:
  • Glazed doughnut holes
  • Milk chocolate (leftover Hershey candy bars from Halloween)
  • Chocolate jimmies 
  • Pretzels (leftover from Halloween)
Directions:

Melt the chocolate in a microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between (or in a double boiler).  Coat 2/3 of the doughnut holes with the chocolate.  Gently shake off the excess chocolate and roll it in jimmies.  Stick a pretzel piece in the top for the stem.

Lay the acorn treats on parchment paper while the chocolate sets.  

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. So cute. I fear I would eat all of them, so it would be best to share with others.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: