- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion, caramelized
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 8 large eggs, well-beaten
- Optional: 1/3 c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional: Additional maple syrup, for drizzling
Heat a large, oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the butter. Once the foam subsides, add the sweet potatoes. Cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
Stir the caramelized onion, garlic, maple syrup, cinnamon and sugar into the potatoes. Pour the eggs over the potato and onion mixture. Cook until the edges are set and the middle is still a little runny. Sprinkle cheese over all, if desired.
Place the skillet under the broiler and cook until set and slightly brown. Cool for 1 minute before slicing. If desired, drizzle some maple syrup over all.