December 26, 2011

Shrimp Alfredo


I hope you all enjoyed the holidays with your loved ones.  This year turned out to be one of my all-time favorite Christmases for so many reasons... even with the crazy schedule I was faced with!  Thankfully, it is finally time to kick back, relax and enjoy what's left of 2011.

One of my favorite Christmas gifts I received was a light box that folds up when not in use that includes many different detachable background colors.  We all know that natural sunlight is the way to go with photography, which puts people like me in a pickle when dinner is ready when it happens to be dark outside this time of year.  Several months ago, I had made a light box out of a cardboard box, white construction paper, white bed sheets and tape.  It really was a hilariously-awful sight, took up too much space (3 ft. x 3 ft.) and was slowly collapsing and falling apart (photos of the old and new light boxes are at the end of this post).  I am so grateful for this wonderful, thoughtful gift!  This shrimp alfredo is my first meal that I took pictures of using my new light box.



Ingredients:
  • 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined 
  • 1/4 c butter 
  • 1/4 c onion, minced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 8 oz pasta, cooked 
  • 1 c heavy cream, room temperature
  • 1/2 c shredded cheese (I used a combination of Parmesan, fontina, asiago and mozzarella)
  • 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped 
  • Salt, to taste 
  • Black pepper, to taste 
Directions:

In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.  Once the foam subsides, add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.  

Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and add it to the skillet.  Saute until cooked through, about 5 minutes.   Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and set it aside and keep warm.  

Whisk the heavy cream into the skillet.  Stir in the cheese, until melted.  Add parsley and season with salt and pepper, to taste.  If desired, thin with a little more cream or thicken with a little more cheese.  Turn the heat down to low.  Stir in the shrimp.  

Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and stir well to combine.  

Enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. i've always wanted a lightbox! what a sweet caring gift. hope your christmas merry!!! love the alfredo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool gift, and a cool recipe too! So glad you had a nice Christmas, Celeste!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a lightbox too!
    Great dish!
    Love your blog! Nice finding you!
    Visit me at: my-greek-cooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting a light box too! So glad you got one- the dish looks incredible and the lighting is perfect:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: