January 3, 2012

Gemelli with Chicken & Vegetables in Tomato-Basil Cream Sauce


We were supposed to get snow today but only got the bitter-cold, chill-you-to-the-bone wind.  Days likes these make me wish it was spring again.  This warm pasta dish was comforting and warming and perfect for such a chilly winter night.  

  
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut bite-size
  • 2 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1/4 c onion, julienne cut 
  • 1/4 c carrot, julienne cut 
  • 1/4 c red bell pepper, julienne cut 
  • 1 clove garlic, minced 
  • 1 1/2 c heavy cream 
  • 1 c tomato, diced 
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste 
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped 
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
  • Pinch of cayenne, or to taste
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste 
  • 8 oz Gemelli pasta, cooked and drained 
Directions:

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the chicken and brown on all sides.  Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.  In the same skillet, add the onion, carrot and bell pepper.  Cook and stir until soft, about 8 minutes.  Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.  

Pour in the heavy cream.  Stir in the tomato, tomato paste and Parmesan.  Add the basil and sugar.  Bring the mixture to a boil.  Season with cayenne, salt and pepper, to taste.  Add the chicken and reduce heat to low.  Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.  

Once chicken is cooked through, stir in the Gemelli pasta.  

Serve and enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. Yummy.! I think that we could make more tasty by adding sunshine potatoes. I will try to bake by using other ingredients and will be coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is one pasta that I have actually never heard of before but i love the shape and the flavor of this pasta dish sounds intoxicatingly delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was amazing! The only thing I changed was green peppers because I didn't have red peppers. I cannot wait to have more for lunch tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This sounds and looks so good. I can't wait to try it...I'm sure that it will be a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like to eat Gemelli with Chicken with vegetable. In my home, every sunday my mother cook Gemelli with Chicken with vegetable and my all family was enjoyed to eat them. Next time i will be try on this recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    photoshop courses sydney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipes are so amazing. This is the fourth recipe I've made from your site and they are all favorites!! thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: