July 13, 2011

Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Dijon-Dill Cream Sauce


A pork tenderloin recipe again?!  I know, I know!  I promise will try my hardest not to post another pork recipe for at least a while.  Originally, I hadn't planned on blogging about tonight's dinner but my sauce turned out so well that I really had no choice.  This tangy cream sauce is a delicious addition to roasted pork.  It would also go very well with chicken or fish.  My family absolutely loved this and my husband saw to it that none of the sauce went to waste.  I have about 1/3 c of it leftover... maybe we can use it on our steak salads that I plan to make for Thursday night's dinner.


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb pork tenderloin 
  • 2 tbsp olive oil 
  • Kosher salt 
  • Freshly ground black pepper 
Sauce:
  • 1/4 c chicken broth
  • 1/2 c sour cream 
  • 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon 
  • 1 tsp dried dill
  • Reserved drippings 
Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

Heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.  Sprinkle a generous amount of kosher salt and pepper on all sides of the pork.  Sear the pork on all sides, until deep brown.  

Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 140 degrees.  Turn over once halfway through roasting.  Remove the pork from the skillet and wrap it in foil.  Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.  

Meanwhile, make the sauce.  Using the same skillet, place it over medium heat on the stove top.  Deglaze with the chicken broth, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.  Whisk in the sour cream, Dijon and dill.  Heat to just a boil.  Remove from heat and keep warm.  

Unwrap the pork from the foil and pour any accumulated juices into the sauce.  

Slice the pork.  Pour the sauce over all.  

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Browned perfectly and the sauce looks positively decadent! I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just finished this...My husband and I LOVED it! Served it up with fresh steamed asparagus. Any restuarant would be proud to serve this. I will be follow your recipes ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: