July 1, 2009

Salmon Tacos with Creamy Sriracha Sauce



My family loves seafood and I always plan to cook it at least once a week for dinner.  This week, salmon was on sale and I happened to have a $2.00 off your next order coupon (I'm a couponoholic in case you weren't aware), so I picked some up for dinner this week at only $2.99/lb!  I was craving Mexican but I decided to also give it a little Asian spin.  These tacos are crunchy, cheesy, tangy, spicy and a little sweet.  Yum!



Ingredients:
Calories per fish taco:  239
  • 1 lb salmon
  • 2 tbsp vegetable oil 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • 1 1/2 c shredded cabbage
  • 1 carrot, shredded 
  • 1 tomato, chopped 
  • 1/2 c shredded cheese 
  • 1 tbsp cilantro, diced 
  • 6 tortillas, soft or crunchy 
  • Freshly squeezed lime juice, to taste 
Spicy Sriracha Sauce
  • 1/4 c low fat plain yogurt (or mayonnaise)
  • 1 tbsp sriracha sauce 
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame oil 
  • 1/2 tbsp ketchup 
  • 1/4 tsp fish oil 
  • 1/4 tsp brown sugar 
Directions:

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sriracha, sesame oil, ketchup, fish oil and brown sugar.  Cover and chill until ready to use.  

Coat the salmon with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.  Allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the salmon and cook on both sides until flaky and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.  

Arrange the tacos.  Add the cabbage, carrots and tomato into a tortilla and place the cooked salmon on top.  Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.  Drizzle the sriracha sauce followed by lime juice over all.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Girl, I'm a taco fanatic! I've made fish tacos but never with salmon. That will change this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: