February 22, 2012

Cotton Candy Cocktails & My Two-Year Blogiversary!


I cannot believe it has been two entire years since I first stepped foot on this blog journey.  It really has been an amazing ride filled with ups, downs and everything in between.  I asked my husband last night, "Can you believe it has already been two years?"  He replied, "I honestly feel like you've always been doing this."  Though Cooking Creation has only been in existence for two years, it has become an integral  part of who I am.  I want to sincerely thank all of my faithful followers and subscribers for all of your kind comments, constructive criticisms and helpful suggestions.  

Quite a few things have changed since last year.  Cooking Creation now has a Facebook page, is on Pinterest, uses Twitter (sparingly), was featured on the front page of AOL.com and has been featured weekly in the Pottstown Mercury newspaper both in print and online.  One of my greatest joys has been cooking side-by-side with my daughter and seeing her love for cooking and baking grow.  My husband's palate has expanded and I proudly no longer consider him a picky eater.  He has even been watching cooking shows on his own.  I have gained confidence in cooking and baking, enough so that I have joined my church's bake team for Sunday mornings and meals group for those who need help with dinner after surgery, childbirth, etc.  

About a week ago, I asked my readers, family and friends for suggestions about what to post for my anniversary and I had a lot of great responses.  A friend of mine suggested that I post something that has to do with the traditional two-year anniversary gift of cotton, such as cotton candy.  It was a brilliant idea and I jumped all over it!  Thanks, Mona!  My first thought was to simply make cotton candy and do a tutorial but I wasn't really looking forward to the sticky mess.  For my one-year blogiversary, I made a three tier cake (which became known as humble pie) but I wanted to do something other than bake this time.  I decided that this year, I was going to do a simple cocktail to celebrate -- a cotton candy cocktail.

This is a sweet, pretty cocktail that is a lot of fun.  You simply place a heaping bunch of cotton candy into your cocktail glass, pour the liquid over it and watch it dissolve into a pretty pink (or blue) cocktail.  This would also be super cute for a kid's birthday party... but make sure you leave out the vodka!    

Please celebrate this special day with me by raising your cotton candy cocktails.  Here's to cooking with and for family and friends for many more years to come!  Salute!


Ingredients:
Yields 1 cocktail
  • 1 c packed cotton candy, or enough to fill your cocktail glass
  • 1 tbsp pink lemonade drink mix (I use Country Time) plus more for coating the rims
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1 1/2 oz vodka
Directions:


Moisten the rim of your cocktail glass and coat it rim with some of the pink lemonade mix.

Place the cotton candy inside your cocktail glass.  Shake the pink lemonade mix, water and vodka together with ice.  Carefully strain and pour it over the cotton candy and watch the cotton candy dissolve.

Stir and enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 'Love your blog, looking forward to trying this adorable drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary, sweet Celeste! That is one creative cocktail...love it! Perfect way to celebrate a two-year blog birthday...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: