July 1, 2010

BBQ Shrimp, Bacon & Green Beans over Rice


My, how the week has flown by!  I have had a major change (a good change) in my work schedule and food blogging had to be placed on the back burner, which is why it has been a full week since I've made a blog post.  I'm hoping that I will be able to post as consistently as I have been but only time will tell.  In any case, now that it's the weekend, I am very thankful to have some extra time to devote to blogging again.

This is a delicious and easy dish that can be made in under 30 minutes that my family loves.  My husband especially enjoys the addition of bacon because it brings a salty component to the sweet BBQ sauce.  While arranging your plate, be sure to drizzle that yummy pan sauce over everything liberally!


 Ingredients:
  • 2 c white rice
  • 2 c water 
  • 4 slices bacon 
  • 2 c green beans 
  • 1 c BBQ sauce 
  • 1 c beef broth
  • 1/2 c beer 
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined 
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
Directions:

Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan.  Stir in the rice and cover.  Remove from heat and set aside.  

Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes.  Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain.  Crumble the bacon.  

Add the green beans to the skillet.  Cook and stir until they become wrinkly, about 5 minutes.  Remove the green beans from the skillet and set aside.  

Whisk together the BBQ sauce, beef broth and beer into the skillet.  Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 5 minutes.  Stir in the shrimp and green beans and cook until the shrimp is cooked through, about 3 to 5 minutes.  

Spoon the shrimp and green beans over the cooked rice and drizzle some of the pan sauce over all.  Squeeze some lemon juice over all.  Top with crumbled bacon.  

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I love easy to prepare dish. This will come in handy if ever all of us are busy enough to cook food. Now drooling over the picture. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh those flavors sound amazing together!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: