March 11, 2012

Chocolate Chip Brookies (Brownies + Cookies)


What do you get when you cross a brownie and a chocolate chip cookie?  A brookie!  My friend, Rachael, recently introduced me to the concept of a brookie.  When she shared her recipe with me, she warned that they are addicting.  Her recipe calls for three ingredients, 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs, 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.  Since today was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I had no where to go, I decided to tackle these.  As I was gathering the ingredients, I realized that I was out of sweetened condensed milk, so I went online in search for a substitute and found one here.  What would I do without google?!  Since I strayed from her original recipe, I found the batter was too dry and crumby, so I added 1 c of maple syrup, which did the trick.

These are so delicious!  They taste just like a chocolate chip cookie but have the texture and thickness of a brownie.  Get your glass of milk ready because you are in for a real treat with these!


Ingredients:
  • 2 c graham cracker crumbs 
  • 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips 
  • 2 large eggs 
  • 1 c brown sugar 
  • 1 c maple syrup 
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract 
  • 2 tbsp all-purpose flour 
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder 
  • 1/4 tsp salt 
  • Optional:  1/2 c chopped nuts
  • Optional:  Confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Combine the graham cracker crumbs, maple syrup, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.  Stir in the chocolate chips and optional chopped nuts.  

Bake in a lightly-greased 9x 9 inch baking dish until the brookies are set, about 30 to 35 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting into squares.  Dust with confectioners' sugar.  

Enjoy!



3 comments:

  1. Yumm...love these! Two of my favorite sweet treats in one bite...works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brookies! CUTE!!! I love the name! I'm more of a blondie girl, even though I adore chocolate. This recipe sounds perfect for me! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog via Pintrest and came upon this recipe while looking around. I can't wait to try the Brookie recipe! I especially love the name since my daughter's name is Brooke and her nickname as a child was Brookie.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: