April 15, 2012

Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Biscuit Bowls


It was just another Tuesday evening.  We had finished eating a yummy steak dinner and I was in mid-cleanup, when the doorbell rang.  It was my in-laws stopping in for a "quick visit".  My father-in-law handed me a gift bag and said, "This is your early birthday gift."  Now, my birthday isn't until August 6, so he wasn't kidding when he said early.  I opened the bag and was completely shocked with what I saw inside.  It was a new Nikon camera!  Did I mention I was shocked?  I felt so undeserving and loved.  It was such a sweet gesture and I was really anxious to start using it.  I'm still becoming acclimated to all of the camera's options and intricacies but I have fallen in love with it already.  Thank you so much to my in-laws for this amazing gift!  

For my first blog post using my new camera (EEK!), I decided to make a tasty breakfast/brunch.  These are really amazing.  You have your own personal breakfast bowl consisting of a flaky biscuit enveloping crispy bacon, egg and cheese.  These can be made ahead of time for those crazy weekday mornings.  Simply store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator and heat them up a toaster oven or in a microwave on high for 30 seconds, allowing it to cool for 1 minute before serving.



Ingredients:
Yields 8 servings
  • 1 container Grands! 8 rolls Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits
  • 6 slices bacon 
  • 6 large eggs 
  • 5 slices American cheese 
  • 1/2 tsp dried parsley 
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • Pepper, to taste 
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray the bottom side of a cupcake pan with cooking spray.  

Flatten each dough round to 1/4-inch thickness.  With the cupcake pan turned upside down, place each dough circle over the back of each cupcake cup.  Press the dough around the cup to form a bowl.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.



Carefully turn the biscuit bowls up-side down onto a baking sheet.  Set aside until ready to assemble.  




Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 8 minutes.  Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.  

Add the eggs to the bacon grease.  Sprinkle with parsley, garlic powder, onion salt and pepper.  When the eggs are done cooking, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.  

Arrange the breakfast bowls.  Place the cooked eggs evenly in each biscuit bowl.  Crumble the bacon over the eggs and top with American cheese.  

Place the biscuit bowls back in the oven to melt the cheese, about 2 to 3 minutes.



Pull them apart and enjoy!





6 comments:

  1. That's soooo sweet :)

    I need a reason to host a brunch. These would be first on my list. Also, good camera work...the photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! I am passing this along to my SIL for my brother who farms. He is always wanting a big breakfast before leaving for the field and this is perfect and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great breakfast idea! Love it! And congratulations on your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO good! I always have a hard time with new breakfast ideas, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: