April 28, 2012

Homemade Strawberry Sherbet


This strawberry sherbet is sweet, refreshing and perfect for the upcoming summer months.  There is no cooking involved, so it is as simple as processing the ingredients together and pouring them in an ice cream maker.  If you are like my husband and prefer the absence of fruit pieces, simply strain the mixture through a sieve before pouring it into the ice cream maker. 


Ingredients:
  • 16 oz fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
  • 2 c whole milk 
  • 3/4 c white sugar
  • 1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice 
  • Ice cream maker 
Directions:

Process the strawberries, milk, sugar and lime juice in a food processor, until smooth.  If desired, strain the mixture through a sieve.  I enjoy small pieces of strawberry, so I omit this step.  

Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturer's directions.  It took about 30 minutes in mine.  

Transfer the sherbet into a freezer-safe container.  Cover and freeze until the sherbet is set to your preference, at least 2 hours.  

Scoop into bowls or into ice cream cones and garnish with lime.  

Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, sweet Celeste! This looks SO good...strawberry is my most favorite fruit, so I'm always looking for fun new ways to use it!

    Psst...I'm having a really fun contest on my blog, and I think you should enter. Come by for the details, ok?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: