August 20, 2012

Baked Tilapia with Horseradish Cream Sauce


I try serve my family fish at least once a week for dinner.  Fresh tilapia was on sale for $3.99/lb and I decided to pair it with one of my favorite sauces, horseradish cream sauce.  This horseradish cream sauce is wonderful!  It is creamy and tangy with a little bit of a kick.  I served this with zucchini and onions and twice-baked potatoes.

This sauce is even better if you are able to get your hands on fresh horseradish.  Simply whisk 1/4 c grated horseradish and 1 tsp white vinegar along with the sour cream, Dijon, salt and pepper.  Cover and chill for 4 hours.


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb tilapia
  • Horseradish cream sauce, recipe follows
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Paprika, for sprinkling
  • 1 tbsp butter

Horseradish cream sauce:
Adapted by Alton Brown
  • 1 c sour cream 
  • 1/4 c prepared horseradish, or to taste
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard 
  • 1/8 tsp kosher salt
  • Pinch of pepper
Directions

Make the sauce.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, horseradish, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.  Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  

Season the tilapia with salt and pepper and sprinkle paprika over all.  Dot the tilapia with butter.  Place the tilapia on a greased baking sheet and bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it flakes easily with a fork.  

Spoon the horseradish cream sauce over the tilapia.  

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I bought tilapia today at the market because the price was good, not really sure of how I was going to prepare. Then I find your recipe and voila' - dinner!!! This was delicious especially with the horseradish cream sauce! Thanks for sharing this - you and your recipes ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that horseradish cream sauce sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Horseradish is actually one of my favorites, next to ranch and spinach. My friends and I are actually going on a picnic this weekend, and I have to say, this really solves most of my problems with what we’re going to eat. Since we’ll be outdoors, we won’t have access to an oven. Would it taste the same with grilled salmon?

    Alex Staff

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried this sauce with a number of different meats but salmon is not one of them. I would imagine it would be delicious, however!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: