Fresh, tangy, slightly sweet, spicy, crunchy, healthy, low in calories... the perfect condiment to dip your tortilla chips into or top your tacos with! Pico de Gallo is an uncooked Mexican condiment that contains much less liquid than salsa, so it can be used as a main ingredient in your favorite Mexican dishes. It's very versatile, so you can add or subtract ingredients to your own taste.
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c green pepper, diced
- 1/4 c onion, minced
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp white sugar, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
Combine all of the ingredients together in a medium bowl and stir to combine.