October 31, 2013

Lazy Chicken


I'm going through my normal, crazy day and I start to plan out dinner in my mind.  Then, it hits me.  You forgot to thaw out the chicken in the fridge the night before!  Now what?!  Sometimes life gets a little hectic and you're just doing what you can to get by.  This is where Lazy Chicken comes in.  First, you place the chicken in a baking dish... frozen.  Yes, frozen.  Then, you top it with whatever you have on hand.  Salsa, BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing - you get the idea!  I had leftover chopped onion, tomato, and green pepper from making stromboli over the weekend, so I used that and also threw in some garlic and a can of drained black beans.  Bake it covered in the oven for an hour and viola!  You have delicious, tender chicken with little-to-no time or effort on your part!



Ingredients:
Inspired by Tasty Kitchen

  • Frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast(s) 
  • Whatever topping you have on hand (salsa, BBQ sauce, Ranch dressing, etc.)
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  

Lay the frozen chicken breast in a lightly-greased baking dish.  



Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breast.  Top the chicken breast with your preferred topping.  No need to measure.  Just make sure it covers the chicken.



Cover.



Bake covered for 1 hour, or until cooked through.  I had a rather large chicken breast, so it took 1 hour and 20 minutes total.


Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: