Note: I remove the seeds from the chipotle peppers because my little sous chef and I have a low spice tolerance. However, if you like heat, leave the seeds in!
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 lb round steak, cut bite sized
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced and seeds removed
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp onion salt
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- Lettuce, chopped
- Your favorite toppings: Avocado, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, corn, etc.
Combine the steak, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cilantro, Worcestershire, lime juice, garlic powder, brown sugar, onion salt, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, beef broth, salt, and pepper in a crock pot and stir well to combine. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 hours or on high heat for 4 hours.
Before you're ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the rack on the lowest portion of the oven. Lightly grease 4 tortilla shell baking bowls. Place the tortillas in the bowls. Bake on the bottom rack for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.
Place the lettuce in the bottom of the taco bowl. Add your favorite taco ingredients and top with a spoonful of the chipotle steak. Garnish with cilantro.