Serves 4 - 6
- 2 tbsp bacon grease or cooking oil
- 3/4 c onion, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 splash (or 2) Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 5 cooked medium potatoes (30 oz), peeled and chopped
- 2 c cooked corned beef, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sunny-side up eggs, desired amount
Heat the bacon grease in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds longer. Pour in the Jameson and give the mixture a stir.
Add the potatoes, corned beef, parsley, thyme and rosemary to the skillet; stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Press the mixture down with a spatula and brown on one side. Cut in the butter. Turn the mixture over and brown on the other side.
Serve with sunny-side up eggs on top.