April 6, 2014

Peach Poppy Seed Vinaigrette over Strawberry, Feta & Walnut Salad


We've been doing some spring cleaning of our diets recently, especially since I've gained my usual 5-pound winter weight.  I'm very anxious to get back on the tennis courts and bike trail again!  I had a beautiful package of mixed baby greens in the fridge and was in the mood for a light and refreshing salad.  I decided to use up my remaining strawberries, toss in some feta, and add some toasted walnuts.  But it needed something to bring it all together.  I found about 3 tablespoons of peach preserves that I had to use up, so I decided to make a peach vinaigrette with poppy seeds.  This dressing is seriously bangin!



Peach Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients:

  • 1/4 c red wine vinegar 
  • 2 tbsp onion, minced 
  • 3 tbsp peach preserves 
  • 1/3 c sugar 
  • 1 tsp dry mustard powder 
  • 1/2 tsp salt 
  • 1/4 tsp pepper 
  • 1/2 c avocado oil 
  • 1 tbsp poppy seeds 

Salad Ingredients:

  • 1 (5 oz) package mixed baby greens 
  • 1 c strawberries, hulled and sliced 
  • 1/4 c walnuts, lightly toasted and chopped 
  • 1/2 c crumbled feta cheese 



Directions:

Add the red wine vinegar, onion, peach preserves, sugar, mustard powder, salt, and pepper in a blender.  Process until smooth.  Drizzle in the avocado oil a little bit at a time while processing.  Stir in the poppy seeds.  Cover and chill.   

In a large bowl, toss together the baby greens, strawberries, and walnuts.  Sprinkle the feta on top.  


Drizzle the peach poppy seed dressing over all. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: