Busy day? Mine certainly has been! We all need at least a few go-to recipes in our repertoire that are quick and easy but satisfying and delicious at the same time. This is one of those meals. Here's to a delicious meal at the end of a crazy day that can be ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 c carrot, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 c onion, finely minced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c dry red wine
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
- 8 oz rotelli pasta, cooked and drained
Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the hot skillet and brown on all sides. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the carrots, asparagus and onion to the hot skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom. Continue to cook until the wine is evaporated, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in the cream, tomato sauce, Parmesan, parsley, and cayenne. Bring the mixture to just a boil. Stir in the chicken and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with parsley.