August 5, 2014

Red Snapper Tacos with Strawberry & Peach Salsa


My husband was out golfing and wasn't going to make it home in time for dinner, and my  little sous chef had some leftovers that she was looking forward to eating.  It was a very peculiar situation that I found myself in... but I wasn't about to complain!  I had the entire kitchen to myself.  No catering to everyone's individual tastes (not that I'm complaining - I love to oblige them).  Just me and my kitchen.  I have literally been craving fish tacos for weeks now, but I've been unsuccessful in convincing my family to indulge in them as frequently as I would like.  With a skip and a hop, I turned up some music, poured a glass of wine, and got to cooking.  I pan fried some delicious red snapper, spooned some beautiful Strawberry & Peach Salsa on top, and cradled all that goodness in a whole wheat tortilla.  Life is good.






Strawberry & Peach Salsa Ingredients:
Serves 3

  • 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
  • 1 c strawberries, diced 
  • 1/4 c red onion, minced 
  • 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped 
  • Juice of 1/2 of a lime
  • 1/2 of an avocado, pitted and diced 
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced 
  • 1 tsp garlic, minced 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste

Remaining Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp avocado oil
  • 1 lb red snapper
  • Salt and pepper, for seasoning 
  • 3 tortillas, warmed

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, strawberries, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, jalapeno, and garlic.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Cover and chill.

Preheat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.  Season the red snapper with salt and pepper on both sides.  Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the red snapper to the hot skillet.  Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

Assemble the tacos.  Add the cooked fish evenly to the bottom of each tortilla.  Top with a generous amount of the strawberry-peach salsa.  Garnish with cilantro. 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: