Yields 4 servings
- 3 c grated raw cauliflower
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1/2 c sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 c carrots, chopped
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 c frozen peas
- 1 c zucchini, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Pepper, to taste
- Garnish: Chopped scallions and toasted sesame seeds
Preheat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil and 1 tbsp of the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the onion, carrots, and asparagus. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the peas and zucchini, and season with pepper. Cook for 2 minutes longer.
Add the garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger to the pan. Pour in the grated cauliflower the remaining 2 tbsp of butter. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cauliflower is cooked to your desired doneness. Season with soy sauce and pepper, to taste.
Garnish with chopped scallions and sesame seeds, if desired.