
Wednesdays are my "slow" work days, when I find myself doing things that I normally have no time for before my daughter gets home from kindergarten. For instance, I am going to start going in every other Wednesday to volunteer in her kindergarten class for an hour starting next week. SO excited for that! Today, I found myself craving quiche. It has been forever since I made a quiche and I don't know why I've waited so long. The house smells wonderful in the process, it is super easy, extremely delicious, healthy and makes for great leftovers! I also get to check off an item from my to-cook list!
Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 c onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, diced
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 oz shredded Romano cheese
- 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c cooked turkey (I used honey-smoked turkey breast from the deli)
- 4 or 5 eggs (I am low on eggs, so I used 4 this time)
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg and cheeses.

- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add the garlic and rosemary, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper; stir and cook for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from heat.
- Stir in the cooked turkey and the egg/cheese mixture to the skillet.

- Pour the contents of the skillet into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the eggs set.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.

- Take a slice... or two.

- Enjoy!

OK, so I am not a quiche fan, but damn this looks delicious!!! I will be the only one eating this, so I'll make a mini one. MMM. good recipe!
ReplyDeleteCoring freshly baked cinnamon cupcakes and filling them with warm, homemade apple pie filling turns standard cupcakes into a bakery-quality centerpiece. Topped with a swirl of rich caramel frosting and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce, these treats strike the perfect balance between tart fruit and sweet indulgence. If you are browsing around the web to unwind after planning your next weekend baking project, head over to https://bet-match.org/de/
ReplyDelete