We normally make our home fries by peeling and then cutting raw potatoes into very thin slices. We then cook the potatoes covered for about 20 minutes on low-medium heat, turning once halfway through. This tedious task of slicing was not appealing to me today, so I decided to make them differently. I served the home fries with rye toast and scrambled eggs.
Recipe and photos by cuckooking.blogspot.com
- 5 or 6 whole potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion salt OR half a small onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced (I did not have any on hand today)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- In Dutch oven, boil whole potatoes until tender yet somewhat firm, about 30 minutes. Remove potatoes from water and cut into bite-sized pieces, keeping skins on; set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, stirring until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add onion, green pepper and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until golden brown, turning occasionally; about 10 minutes.