March 30, 2010

Pan-Fried Chicken Tenders

It is a cold, rainy and miserable day and sadly, it is not Friday yet. Because of that, the fact that my husband is starting to feel better and his taste buds are back to normal, this meal seemed so appropriate. This is on my husband's top 5 favorite meals that I make. I served this with mashed potatoes and corn. There are rarely leftovers for his lunch the following day as my husband will pull them out of the fridge later in the night and eat them cold. I have to admit that these are a delicious cold snack.


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 c Italian-style breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 c Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Fresh ground pepper, to taste
  • 4 tbsp olive oil

Directions:

  1. Cut up chicken into tenders.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
  3. In another medium bowl, beat egg.
  4. Dip chicken tenders in egg and then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
  5. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic until it becomes fragrant.
  6. Fry chicken on both sides until cooked through and golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Be careful to not overcook as the chicken will dry out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: