- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (I used leftover roasted chicken)
- 1 green and/or red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 c sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 1 1/2 c shredded cheese (I used cheddar and mozzarella)
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Fajita seasoning mix - (Click here for my homemade recipe)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add green pepper and onion to skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Season with fajita seasoning mix.
- Spoon mixture on one side of a tortilla and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Fold tortilla in half to enclose filling.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat.
- Add quesadillas in batches to hot skillet. Cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned on both sides.
- Cut into wedges and serve.