April 29, 2010

Pesto Chicken with Mushrooms and Pasta

I love pesto, especially when combined with pasta and chicken! This recipe is simple and oh, so good! I served this with pesto pasta and cooked spinach. Yummy!! Next time I make this, I am going to layer some sliced tomatoes on top of the pesto and under the cheese. You can use this same recipe with boneless pork chops, too.


Ingredients:

  • 1 c pesto sauce - Click here for my homemade recipe
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Italian breadcrumbs for coating
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • Cheese (I used shredded mozzarella and Parmesan)
  • Sea salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Fresh mushrooms
Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Dampen chicken with water and coat with breadcrumbs. (I placed my chicken and breadcrumbs in a freezer bag and pounded them down to about 1/2-inch thickness while coating)
  • Place the chicken in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish. Season with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper.
  • Cover chicken with pesto sauce and top with cheese. Place mushrooms over all.
  • Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Be sure to cook covered loosely with tinfoil for the first half and then uncovered for the second half of the baking baking time.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: