May 10, 2010

Sloppy Joes

My freezer is overloaded with meat and I have been slowly chipping away at it. I have a bottle chili sauce that expires at the end of May, so I pulled out some ground beef and decided to make some Sloppy Joes, one of my daughter's favorites. I served this with my homemade french fries.


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1/2 c ketchup
  • 1/2 c chili sauce
  • 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp vinegar
  • 1 tsp white sugar
  • 1 tsp onion salt
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil
Directions:

  • Heat oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add garlic, stirring until fragrant.
  • Add beef to skillet with sugar, onion salt and pepper. Cook beef until no longer pink.
  • Stir in ketchup, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar; mix well.
  • Turn down heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: