- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I always add in a tad more)
- 1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c butterscotch chips
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Make the cookie dough. In a large bowl, combine butter, peanut butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove from fridge and form into 1 1/2-inch balls.
- Grease a muffin pan and add one ball to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and make an indentation in the center of each ball, big enough to fill middles with fudge filling. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then move to cooling rack.
- Make the filling. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients except the chopped nuts. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Immediately start filling cookie cups with the filling. You will need to stir the mixture every now and again to prevent from hardening.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Allow to set an hour or so before serving.
This recipe is linked to Sweets for a Saturday